Here you’ll find some great resources to help guide you on this learning journey of becoming or expanding on your behavioural technician designation. If there’s anything here that’s missing and you think we should include in the future, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses– Edited by Julie K. Shaw and Debbie Martin
- Low Stress Handling, Restraint and Behavior Modification of Dogs and Cats– Sophia Yin
- Puppy Start Right- Ken Martin and Debbie Martin
- How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves– Sophia Yin
- Decoding Your Dog– American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
- Beyond Squeaky Toys– by Nicole Nicassio-Hiskey and Cinthia Alia Mitchell
- Academy of Veterinary Behavior Technicians – www.avbt.net
- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists – www.dacvb.org
- American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior – www.avsabonline.org
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants – www.iaabc.org
- Low Stress Handling University – www.lowstresshandling.com
- Karen Pryor Academy – www.karenpryoracademy.com
- The Academy for Dog Trainers – www.academyfordogtrainers.com
This is only a partial list of books and websites that we recommend for the veterinary behavior team. A more comprehensive list is included with your membership.
Have a suggestion? We are always adding to our list of recommendations. If you would like to see your favorite resources on our list, please contact email@example.com.